The 2021 BMW MOA National Rally is being held June 24 - 27, 2021 at the Montana Expo Park (400 3rd Street NW, Great Falls, MT 59404). The theme for this year’s rally is “Saddle Up & Ride!”
Google maps has the mileage from Philly to the Expo Park at about 2,100 miles…I'm taking it as a challenge to make up for the riding miles that were lost to the 2020 Pandemic! Some of the best sights and roads in America are located in the vicinity including the Going to the Sun Road in Glacier National Park, the Beartooth Highway, Yellowstone National Park, and more!
We were able to carry over much of our planning and preparation for the 2020 rally to 2021, but we've added more and adapted to the necessary changes. We hope you'll join us, and enjoy the ride to Great Falls and the ride back home after having caught up with your old MOA friends and made new ones to keep up with at future rallies.
- When: June 24-27, 2021
- Where: Montana ExpoPark, 4003 3rd St NW, Great Falls MT 59404
- Rally Website: rally.bmwmoa.org
- Rally FAQ
- Rally Contact: Corey and Becky Smith, Rally Chairs
There is no better way to bond with your fellow MOA members and BMW riders than the National Rally; we like to think of it as a family reunion and a great excuse to ride out to visit a different part of the country every year.
The MOA is taking more than reasonable precautions to hold a safe and fun event in Great Falls for our members. As an organization, we will exercise plenty of caution and do our best to help people enjoy the Rally with common sense guidelines such as social distancing, hand washing, sanitization, etc. We are doing our part by providing neck buffs for every attendee, extra hand sanitizing stations, extra shower facilities, reduced capacity within buildings, outdoor entertainment wherever possible,
limited touch interactions with members, etc.
The Rally will follow the guidelines, ordinances, and mandates in effect June 24-27, 2021, in Great Falls. Currently, Montana does not require face coverings.
An event as big as the National Rally only succeeds because MOA members volunteer to help out. We hope you'll volunteer too, and have made the process of signing up to volunteer online as easy as possible. If you're unable to sign up online, feel free to reach out to Tonya McMeans at MOA HQ via email or phone at (864) 438-0962.
Check out the following resources for the rally:
- 200 Miles Before Breakfast, the MOA's podcast with an episode featuring Kristian Richardson of the Montana Office of Tourism talking about riding in Montana.
- "Working off the top half of your tank," an article about riding in Montana by David Fishbaugh
- Hear from rallygoers themselves in this video series featuring Shawn Thomas
- Rally Stories from MOA members who have been to one rally or many!
- "Getting ready to ride in Montana," an article about prepping to ride to the rally
Photos by Jim Nyffeler (1) and Bill Wiegand (2-4).